Monday, June 3, 2013

5 Years of Retirement

There really is something about anniversaries. Ron and I went to BG to see Cale's family and attend the Bowling Green Education Association retirement recognition. It was a glimpse back at what our lives used to be, and there was a lot of emotion in the room as several friends were retiring, and the association has had a lot of conflict with contract settlement and non-passage of a recent levy which will result in more changes within the schools. I have been more emotional recently. I looked back at our pictures from 2008, and I felt drawn into a grieving process as I needed to accept where Ron is in his recovery. It is also hard for me knowing that Andrew, Lisa, and Abby are moving to Germany for 3 years. They plan to come home each year. I feel like I am pulling myself up at this point and ready to move on. When Ron and I are out of a crisis in his recovery, there is more time to think rather than just get through each day. That's when you have to face feelings head on.

1 comment:

  1. Just let your emotions flow as it is much better than trying to ignore them. Cry when you need to & smile when you can. Being a caregiver is like a roller coaster & usually you can't control it. You can Skype the kids in Germany which is an advantage now. (Remember the dark ages when we didn't even call much!) Talk to your friends, enjoy the moments & don't feel bad when you have down times. Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete