Monday, June 3, 2013

All About Jan Day...

Today was the longest time that I have been away from Ron during the day for over two years. (When he lived in rehab for 5 weeks, I wasn't allowed to spend the nights with him.) I left home to have my car serviced at 9:30 this morning after doing the morning meds routine. Felt a little like a teenager taking off in the car solo! Ha! I did a little shopping and picked up some things we needed.


BUT THE BIG NEWS IS...Ron played golf today! It had been over two years since he last played. Brother-in-law George and a friend picked him up at 1:00 to play 9 holes at Cedar Lake Golf Course. It made him feel so good to accomplish that.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if his short term memory helped turn a 7 into a routine 5 ? He still raking in those three footer, downhill putts for par ? I anxiously await an invite to come play. Mort

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were no pars, but he did have a couple bogeys. And was happy with being out on the course. Hope that Janet is progressing everyday and has great results. I like going "up the hill", and have settled down after a few weepy days of looking back. I think that phase of acknowledgment was healthy for me. Thanks for keeping in touch.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete