Wednesday, September 11, 2013

More "no news"

...or maybe I should say no answers. We saw Ron's PA briefly today, and he told us that all tests that they have run so far are negative. So there is no definitive answer yet into what has caused the brain abnormalities revealed on the MRI. We do not know at this time if his mental and coordination issues will be reversible, stable, or progressive. All of the unknown is difficult. If I can make a list, have definite things I can read and study, have procedures to mark on my calendar, etc., I feel much more in control. I don't know what is next. We are not scheduled to see Dr. Mag in clinic again until September 25.
I did spend an hour with the social worker for the clinic. We have known her over 3 years now as she has frequently touched base with us during Ron's many hospitalizations for chemotherapy, GVHD, and infections. She is gentle, has great insight, and suggestions.
I will let you know what's next when I know.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, I would continue to see the social worker or if there is a support group for you, take advantage. Of course I am giving you all the advice I didn't do but I had a very supportive group of friends both my age & Laurie's good friends. It makes a big difference when you can talk, worry, stew & cry with a non-family member. As I said before, if you ever want to talk I'm a good listener who knows exactly what you are feeling. Love & hugs Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete