Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pushing Into Fall

As I read my last entry, I see that events played out as anticipated. The bonus was that the fall weather was glorious this week. It was 78 degrees today when we took out the docks. Because I have memories of spitting snow on spring and fall "dock days", today's sunny, warm weather was great. The down side was knowing that it would have been a great day for a pontoon ride! BUT so glad that this fall ritual is done.
Ron had his two ECP light treatments for the month of October on Wednesday and Thursday. It was good seeing our ECP nurse friends again. Ron takes ear plugs because we talk and laugh during his treatments. I also bounce ideas and concerns off them...great support for me. His steroid dose was tapered, so we are grinding along in the right direction again. His new antibiotic seems to have affected his liver enzymes so something new to follow and learn about. I am also spot checking his glucose level for a few days. The steroids cause it to be higher but not at a level where he has needed insulin yet. Have to keep on my toes!
We are really in a pretty good spot and looking forward to sightseeing in Michigan this week and starting to think about our trip to Virginia in November.
Love to all,
Ron & Jan

1 comment: