Sunday, August 24, 2014

3 Year Anniversary

Ron had his bone marrow transplant 3 years ago today: Wednesday, August 24, 2011. I went back in the blog and read my notes; I have to admit that it made me cry. We were so amazingly grateful for the opportunity of a transplant to cure Ron's leukemia. We seemed innocent and naive about the possible consequences and complications because we were. Someone once asked me if I regretted that Ron had had the transplant. The answer is no regrets. I would always have wondered if he would have had a cure for his leukemia and resumed his former life. (if he hadn't tried the transplant) So to this point, he has been cured but at a high price to his quality of life.
Remember that the decision for the transplant was made with the Ron who is in the picture below.

1 comment: