Friday, October 10, 2014

Preparing for Winter

The pontoon was picked up today for winter storage. I like knowing it will be cleaned, covered, and stored until warm weather returns in the spring. I have also been doing some trimming and other winterizing. We have a second well and pump on the garage side of the road. I have drained the garden hoses, the pump, and winterized the well. I am putting away summer clothes and summer "toys". Because I have always liked Fall, I don't find this to be a grim task, and I will soon be excited about the first snow. I still enjoy using the riding lawn mower and am mowing the yard in sections. The fenced in former garden area was the first part.
Ron and I have made day trips to Shipshewana, Indiana and Coldwater, MI. We are snapping pictures of fall foliage and have pulled the sweatshirts out. Reading has been a high priority too. No doctor appointments for almost 3 weeks is a real treat.
Love to All,
Ron & Jan

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a break & time to just do normal fall things. Enjoy the lake before the snow starts. Love & hugs Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe that I am even saying the "S" word after last year's winter!
    Thanks for your continuing contact with us. It means a lot. I can always picture you reading the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete