Saturday, December 27, 2014

Holidaze 2014

I am still trying to appreciate what I have accomplished and not what I have left to do!! The Christmas cards continue to be a work in progress. We do have some beautiful memories of this holiday season and also continue to reminisce about Christmases past. Also I am a year older and feel every day of it, so I am going head to head with my sweet tooth. Comfort food has been too much a way of life for me!
Below are pictures from our Christmas Eve gathering at Jessica's parents home after Christmas Eve services at their church. Not too long after this picture was taken, Abby and Lily were having their Christmas morning in Germany--Lily's first Christmas; she will be one year old New Year's Day. Da-da, who is in Iraq, is missing these special days this year. I have been able to text with Andrew on Christmas and my birthday. After only having MREs to eat since early December, the Marines came to the rescue with a traditional Christmas dinner. Andrew said that he will never look at a washer and dryer in the same way since he has been doing laundry in a bucket.
College football bowl season is underway, and so both of us enjoy the games, and I am wrapping up my Christmas cards as I watch games the next few days. We will stay in BG for awhile in January--at least through the next round of doctor appointments in Ann Arbor. No snow yet in December, but that may influence travel plans in the next few weeks. There was not even frost, so I couldn't call it a white Christmas this year.
Enjoy these last few days of 2014; find time to relax a little and appreciate your way of life and all you have. Love, Ron & Jan
Go Buckeyes!!

3 comments:

  1. Jan, as those of us who have gone through a life changing event know, no matter how much time passes your life is never the same. We pray that you can enjoy the moments and the memories you have and learn to go from there. Our lives continue to give us new challenges, memories and happiness, just in a different way. May God bless you and your family and know that your many friends are supporting you every step of the way. Love & hugs Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and Ron a Happy New Year! Looks as if you created some great memories this Christmas...Continue to keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping 2015 is a good year for you. Take care. HUGS....Ned & Terry
    GO BUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Trying to wrap my mind around 2015 expectations. Need to chunk it up mentally and just go after it.
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete