Thursday, October 5, 2017

Before closing, the buyers had asked if they could move things into the garage. That was not a problem for me, and I felt like we had genuinely connected. They have relatives on the lake and had been coming to Gilead for 20 years. On the day that they were moving things into the garage, I was out in the garage, too, and he said, "You are not going to believe what I have. I have Ron's Army footlocker that I bought at one of your garage sales. Would you like it back? This is the first time that I have used it since I bought it." Of course, I said yes. I know that I looked dumbfounded and felt emotional as I saw Ron's name. I am sure that my last garage sale was the 2nd summer that we lived there, 2009, because the next two summers Ron was hospitalized monthly for Chemotherapy, followed by platelet and blood transfusions in the other weeks. Then the following summers he was chronically ill.

September 26, 2017 was the 47th anniversary of our wedding day. In sickness and in health and forever. My spouses support group met that day, and about 14 of us went out for dinner. It was a good plan for a day that was difficult. My life has been blessed, and I am rich with memories of so many years together.

September 26, 1970 Mt.Zion Lutheran Church, LaGrange, Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment