Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ron's Up North Itinerary

Last week my sister, Anne, and I traveled up to the Traverse City, Michigan, area; we followed the itinerary that Ron had made for our trips to visit the Leelanau Peninsula in the fall. Ron and I made our last trip there in 2015; last year he was on oxygen, and things were just too complicated for overnight trips, so we took day trips close to our Gilead Lake home.
We picnicked in Newaygo on our trip north and visited our favorite lighthouse at Point Betsie. We climbed to the top of the tower and saw the light that is functional and continues to keep mariners safe.
This is a buck that was in Sleeping Bear Dunes, and on our trip we also saw salmon swimming upstream, smelt at Fishtown, a soaring eagle near Traverse Bay, and a huge elk crossing the road. (at first we thought it was a moose!!)
I introduced Anne to rocking at Christmas Cove. She really enjoyed it, and I had looked for a long time before I finally found 4 Petoskey rocks, the Michigan state rock. It was a great trip; I very much enjoyed reminiscing about past fall color tours with Ron and making new memories with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment