Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Cat's Meow

Yesterday was a long day. In addition to starting insulin injections, Ron was due to have his central line dressing changed and needed new caps on the lumens. I had done all of this when he had his first neostar, so the process came back to me. So as I am standing at the tall counter that divides the great room, I see a mouse run along the baseboard in the kitchen. You have got to be kidding me!!! We had only had a mouse upstairs one other time. Now our Blue Boy is a patient and good hunter. He has caught a mouse in our downstairs before, and he is a relentless hunter. He didn't see it because he was napping on the couch, so I woke him up and told him that we were counting on him to take care of the problem. He immediately knew there was a mouse close by and went into hunting posture. Ron and I went to bed shortly after, but I slept lightly because I was afraid that he would catch it and bring it to our bed to show us. At 5:30 both Ron and I woke up because we heard him coming down the hall flipping the mouse around. He tortures his prey..probably would water board if he could. Mission accomplished.

I am monitoring Ron's glucose 4 times a day, and so far he is needing insulin every time but once. I am so glad that this process is underway. I wouldn't want high blood sugar to slow down his recovery from the infection. The nurses in the ICU had told me how important it was to keep the blood sugar under control.

Love to all,
Jan

2 comments:

  1. Great cat u have there! I want to meet him next we are there.
    Howja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better a mouse than a snake...says I. You cat is a hero... the whole thing made me laugh tho. Can't help myself. No DQ for Ron right now... but all in good time. Perhaps some mouse stew instead. Gin

    ReplyDelete