Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Back to Grinding...

At least that is what it feels like today. I don't know what a realistic goal of recovery is at this point. Ron told me today that he would just like to be able to drive some time in 2014. The physical therapist visited on Monday, and Ron is not discharged yet from home PT. I am glad that he qualified for more in home sessions.
So we are moving ahead again and being very careful getting around in what has already been a snowy winter. And it's only mid-December! I have several new year resolutions in mind. The first one will be to do our Christmas cards! Ron has always been the Hover "card man", and that is hard for him to pull together now. He kept the calendar, bought the cards, addressed and stamped them, added a note and put them on the kitchen table for me to add a note and mail. I have a new appreciation of what that entailed! Hoping that I can pull it together, so our roles for this can be reversed as many other aspects of our lives have reversed roles.
We have resumed traveling to Ann Arbor every other week for Photopheresis treatments. ECP. We are now "diamond" Hilton members due to so many overnight trips! Hope you are enjoying the holidays!!
Love, Ron & Jan

4 comments:

  1. Even though a lot of roles have been reversed you are doing a great job as companion & caregiver. Just keep your head down & keep going remembering how many people are praying for you all. Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc & Jan...Brenda and I think about you both every day. Doc you will really appreciate this: Katie (living at home, college grad daughter) hit a deer last night coming home from work. Really BIG deer (at least 150 pounds). I could not pick up and had to drag off the road. Katie is fine, but 3k in damage to her Toyota. Picked up a rental today and she's back on the road.
    Dane & Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron said, " by God, how old is that kid?? I am going to put Dane in for Dad of the Year!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie is 26...yes I am a Dad of the Year...Dane

      Delete