Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tis the Season...

We have been busy since returning home from our trip to Virginia for Thanksgiving. I could have used a few more days between Thanksgiving and December! So I continue to learn how to modify, and have had a reminder of how less can be more. Actually, I probably have enough outside lights, tree ornaments, and other decorations for 3 homes...so no reason to use everything!
We have made one routine trip back to AA for appointments, and we will do the same next week. We are returning every other week again for "a long time". I didn't ask what that meant in a number. Ron is recovering well from November's pneumonia and hospitalization. He has physical therapy in our home, and a visiting nurse comes each week to check progress. That will probably end before Christmas because he is doing well.
In addition to less decorating, I am postponing my Christmas cards until after Christmas this year. I have been thinking about which pictures I want to use on our yearly card.
I continue to enjoy hearing about adventures of family and friends. That never makes me sad for us, but oddly, when I see couples who are complete strangers but remind me of who we used to be, I feel sad. I do not dwell on those feelings.
We had an update on Lily today. Lisa is almost 35 weeks pregnant. Everything looked great on today's ultrasound, and Lily has long arms and legs like Abby and Andy--Lisa's words. They could even see that she has hair, and of course, all of us wonder if it will be curly like big sister Abby. Everything looks great, and she weighs about 5 pounds and 11 ounces. After I post this, I am going to add a picture of Abby. I have a soccer one in mind.
I love thinking about a new baby in the family! Hope you are enjoying your holiday preparations and activities.
Love,
Ron & Jan

2 comments:

  1. I had blogged that Baby Lily was SIX pounds and 11 ounces! oops!! I have corrected it to about 5 pounds 11 ounces; that is pretty good sized enough with 5 weeks to go. So this is rumor control in effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update Jan. We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. Dane & Brenda Hatley

      Delete