Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our plan came together!!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? I do have to admit though that I had more discomfort than I had expected the first 24 hours after the scope. I had thought that I would immediately be able to crutch around the house. Not so, but the pain meds covered the discomfort. So glad that we have had around the clock help for 3 days and a nurse visiting 5 days. The hospital "gave us" an ice water lower leg compression cuff that circulates cold water. It is electric, and the ice water tank has to be changed about every 4 hours. It alleviates pain and swelling. Everything is so much better today, and I am able to crutch around. I am totally taking advantage of all the great support we have had. Our siblings and spouses are the best!!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Don't crutch around too much!
    --Chip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad that you are doing so well on your knee scope recovery. Just remember not to do too much for awhile. I had my scope in January, and I am doing fine. Take care of yourself :-)
    Lynn Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! I agreed to get a nurse to help with Ron's care to "make my family happy", AND they were right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed help and appreciated my support team. I will have a few sessions of physical therapy starting Thursday.

    ReplyDelete