Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Change of Plans

As difficult as it was for me to admit, we are not able to take our Michigan fall colors or Thanksgiving trip to Virginia. The oxygen is the deal-breaker. The logistics of transporting oxygen tanks, the oxygen concentrator, and the worry of a possible breathing complication were too much for me to deal with. I really hated to admit it! At this point though, the relief after making this decision is much greater than the disappointment. Ron is not able to help me with organizing any of this, packing his clothes, preparing medications, getting in and out of the car independently, loading the car, etc. I am still up for day trips in the area, and the fall colors are beginning to arrive! We went to Shipshewana this week...mainly for lunch! I must say again how so many strangers step in and assist us when we are out. The goodness of people is abundant. Doorways are the most challenging obstructions!
So again we adjust as there is again a shift in what we are able to do. Although he was disappointed, Ron was accepting of these changes when I explained how difficult it was for me.
We now have our dock out of the water, and I have done some fall decorating and gardening. I have always loved this time of year. We plan to spend more of winter at the villa in Bowling Green this winter.
Love to all,
Ron & Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment