Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thankful....

What a beautiful fall we had this year! It was nice to be able to get ready for winter at the lake without working in finger numbing conditions. Thankful for the villa, so we can be close to Cale's family and Bowling Green friends. I really am thankful for our attached garage here and close proximity to groceries and other shopping. Thankful for more time together.
I have learned to admit when we can no longer do things the same as in the past. It still amazes me that I mostly feel relief over disappointment. Although it seems to me that Ron stays about the same, when I think about what he could do a year ago compared to now, I realize the changes. He no longer can walk with just a cane. When we shop, he drives the cart in the store. If they don't have carts, I bring a shopping cart out to the car to hold his oxygen, and he uses it like a walker. He's lost stamina, and walking in a store behind a shopping cart tires him quickly. He has been on oxygen 6 months now. He doesn't draw breaths deep enough to medically qualify for the smaller, more convenient portable systems, so we take the large canisters when away from home. As far as meds, there haven't been changes for some time now. The clinic is having him extend the time between immunity infusions. I admit that concerns me.
Wow! I missed finishing this in the month of November! On to December! I think I will just add a couple pictures and post. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Below are pics of our peaceful Gilead Lake, Jack and Joey's November birthday, and one of Ron's barn pictures; he is getting quite a collection, and we are looking forward to finding barns in snow soon. Thankful....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have had a somewhat peaceful fall and have been able to enjoy a few things. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your message! Looks like we are quickly going to be transitioning to winter weather. I still love the snow, but getting snowed in at the lake is on my scary list. We will spend more time in BG during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete