Friday, September 22, 2017

Finishing Up at Gilead Lake

Today I will be taking the remainder of my possessions out of our Gilead Lake home. I have about a carload to move and things to take to Goodwill. Guessing that I will need to put a few boxes in my niece's garage until my next trip back to my sister's next week. My sister, brother, and spouses have been "hovering" as I've gone through this move and auction process. Anne lives only about 10 minutes away and Gary 30 minutes. The actual sorting had to be done by me..hundreds of decisions to make! But the loading of my car and the unloading of my car multiple times I've not done alone. Thank you Griffiths and Troxells. Cale's have helped multiple times on the Bowling Green destination of the move.
So the auction was a success! Spieth & Satow Auctioneer from Coldwater, Michigan was my representative, and they did an amazing job. Just having someone move everything out of the house was priceless! How they organized the auction and the auction itself (which I could not watch)was expertly achieved. I can't say enough about the work crew and auctioneers.
I love the new owners! That huge barn/garage was empty for about 6 hours. They came to the auction and bought Matt's IKEA bed set, the picnic tables, swings, etc. It made me cry happy tears to know that Matt's bed and desk were going back in the house! Also, the pontoon and trailer sold well...new in March 2016 and still on its first tank of gas. So I'm feeling many things, including relief and satisfaction with organizing the move and sale. I even had a sense of Ron telling me that he was proud of me.
The Army way required having quarters left very clean for the next occupants, so that is ingrained in me. Only I didn't want to do it myself (Ha!), so I hired someone to clean yesterday, and Stanley Steamer comes Saturday morning when the house is entirely empty.
I have many things to look forward to in this next phase of my life.
Love, Jan

There were many tables of belongings to auction also.

No comments:

Post a Comment