Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It's for real.

Tomorrow is the auction of belongings at Gilead Lake. Our home has sold, and the closing will be at the end of the month. I'm trying to hang out in the logical, practical part of my mind. No doubts there. I think that I will feel partially a sense of relief similar to the day that Ron passed away, but knowing that I will also grieve giving up our dream home on Gilead Lake. It will makes things so much simpler to have just the villa in Bowling Green to manage, and I love living there, too.
So today is my last day to live in this home. Preparing it to sell has been my project since mid-April. From listing day to closing day is 4 months, and I was able to enjoy the summer here, so I feel good about how this has played out. I won't have to be concerned with another winter here. This home always was about both of us, not me living here alone. I have wonderful memories to comfort me and know that I have been a lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. Jan,

    Peace and best of luck and good health to you. Ever onward. Our love,
    Hetch and Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever thankful for your friendship and for the friendship of many others.
    Love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete