Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012!



Happy Valentine's Day to my special sweethearts: Cole, William, Anna, Joey, Sarah, Jack, Abby, and Allison! (Ages 10 down to 3 years)

It is a beautiful day with peaceful snowfall and cold February temperatures. This is one reason why we chose Michigan for our retirement. There are many reasons:)











Ron is still sleeping this morning. He usually gets up around 11:00; yesterday I called the clinic as I was concerned with his skin, weakness, and weight. I didn't think he should wait until next Wednesday to have an appointment with his doctor, so he has bloodtests and an appointment tomorrow, Wed. Feb. 15. His bone marrow biopsy is still scheduled for Friday. It is really hard to know when to call with questions, so I decided to just go with my gut. The clinic nurses are so reassuring and helpful when I call which has not been very often. I am hoping that Ron's oncologist in Coldwater (near home) will be able to handle any issues after we move home.

I did discover another household remedy yesterday. I have my favorite sweatshirt here. It was one that I bought for Cale for Christmas in 1995 and has Ohio Northern embroidered on it. Soon after I had purchased it, he decided to go to Ohio State. It had 3 stains on it, and I had not brought any prewash with me. However, I had bought some Resolve for the carpet since we have been here, so I tried spraying the stains with Resolve and washing it after about a 10 minute wait. It worked! Ah, how the little things can make a happy moment!

Have a special day with your special sweethearts and again thanks for your support in so many ways.
Love, Ron & Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment