Wednesday, September 26, 2012

In sickness and in health...


So many of last Year's celebrations and holidays were spent in Ann Arbor. But it has been worth it to have reason to celebrate together again this year. Today.

Ron and I were married in LaGrange, Indiana, 42 years ago today. September 26 was chosen as our special date rather than a summer date when both of us would have been on break from school, so my sister (matron of honor) who had a baby due at the end of August, and my brother (who gave me away and was recently home from Vietnam) could both have key parts in our wedding. I was a first grade teacher and had school on Monday after our wedding, and Ron had graduate classes. We had a cake and punch reception in the fellowship hall and a small gathering at Ron's parents, then we were on our way "in marital bliss" as Ron puts it.

Hope I didn't make him sound like a jerk in my last blog regarding the missing "I'm sorry" response for the first 40 years of marriage. That is just how it was and a part of who he was. So Happy 42nd Wedding Anniversary to us!! I feel like celebrating!

Life is good.
Love to all,
Ron & Jan

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So glad you could be home to celebrate. Wishing you many more years together! Take care. HUGS......HOWJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not anonymous when you say: HOWJA!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Ron and Jan! And how 'bout them Tigers? 1st place, all alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! We take the ups with the downs & you are on the upswing again! Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete