Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hospital Visit

Decided to write a quick update before going to sleep for the night. Ron is doing well. He no longer has a fever, and several tests are underway, primarily to rule out blood infections, pneumonia, etc. He did have an elevated WBC count, and blood and other signs of infection in his urine. His cough has changed in the last two days to being more robust, for lack of a better word. He has had a cough for a few weeks, might be bronchitis now.

Having had several hospitalizations now and this being his 178th night in the hospital, we have a routine and realistic expectations for how things will progress. We can only hope that we will be able to go home tomorrow. At about 11:00, I went back to the ER area, picked up the car, and moved it to the Mott parking lot. I had packed overnight things anticipating a stay here. I have learned a lot since Ron's first hospitalization here in 2010 when I stayed in the same clothes for 3 days ( was in a daze) and brushed my teeth with my finger.

The nurse and doctor that have seen him here in the hospital are new to us...not a problem, but there is a lot of history to sum up. we will see Dr. Mag in the morning.

There was no phone reception in ER area most of the time, so I couldn't text updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment