Thursday, August 8, 2013

Moving On...

Things have continued to moderate which is very acceptable to me. I think that I am prepared for accepting that there are just going to be more instances of "not Ron" behavior. Yet at the same time I am trying to not worry about what that might be because there is no predicting! Life continues to be an adventure. Because Ron's fuzzy blanket slips on the leather recliner, he duct taped it to the chair. Because he has bumped countertop corners which tear his skin, he has scotch taped countertop corners. He puts return address labels on furniture, his canes,items of clothing, baseball hats, etc. At the same time, most of his behavior is totally like it used to be, so as I said there's no predicting.
Yesterday we went to Battle Creek, Michigan, to get his new military ID. Medicare will become his primary health insurance September 1, and Tricare his secondary. So hoping that this will be a seamless change!
I am enjoying this very unlike cool August weather. It makes me wonder about the upcoming winter. I do continue to enjoy my gardening, and Mother Nature has cooperated by sending frequent rain this summer, so I have not needed to water much at all. Everything is still green! The biggest problem has been moles burroughing through the yard.
Love to all of you. Thanks for keeping in touch and following Ron's journey.

2 comments:

  1. I see you one mole and raise you 15!!!!!! Our yard looks like tunnel city. Not even funny...Gin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! We are planning to see some of the BG golfers on September 3. The annual fall trip is being held in our area. ...just planning to go to the clubhouse and see them as they tee off.

    ReplyDelete