Monday, August 12, 2013

Moving on...

My project of cleaning out this house and garage has taken on a life of its own. I am making good progress, but it is a huge undertaking. I have spent the last few days going through tubs of pictures and other momentos. Ron and I have both loved photography, so we have overdone it, and I can't understand now why we didn't throw bad pictures away consistently over the years. It has been fun reminiscing and feeling once again thankful for all the experiences we have shared as a family. Because Ron and I are both sentimental, we have collected a huge amount of stuff. That being said, I have 5 more garbage bags of stuff ready for trash pick up Friday. I can almost hear the kids cheering.

Ron definitely is doing better than the "low week" when he fell; also at that time, I took a hard look at the confusion he was experiencing and his behavioral changes. This was 3 weeks ago, and he is definitely better since not taking Noxafil which is an anti fungal med. He continues to take 2 antibiotics, an anti viral, low dose of steroids, vitamins and minerals, and meds to improve lung function. He only takes meds twice a day, and his high blood sugar is nearly resolved. Six more weeks and we should be able to taper our number of trips to AA. By winter I am so hopeful that monthly appointments will be adequate. August 24 will be the two year anniversary of the transplant.

Back to School! How did that time of year roll around so quickly?! This is a busy day for daughter in law, Lisa. She and Abby are moving on post while Andrew is TDY in Miami, FL. They have housing on Vogelweh for those Army friends who are familiar with the Landstuhl, Germany area. I am so glad that they will be living on post. Hope you are enjoying the end of summer weeks and looking forward to the beautiful fall season. This cooler weather has me thinking of fall colors! Ron and I both love autumn.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, Vogelweh, so many memories of Baumholder & Landstuhl. Some good, some not so good. I remember when you came over when we were leaving in 1976 & told me you were pregnant! And our trip to Spain that summer. What memories. It's good to think of those good times.
    Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reminiscing too. It doesn't make me sad...makes me feel blessed with so many good memories.

    ReplyDelete