Sunday, August 5, 2012

Transition just beginning...AUGUST!

Time for a weekend update! We enjoyed our week without traveling to Ann Arbor. Also it is not difficult to feel the beginning of transition within our family. August is always an eventful month, and when I flipped the calendar, I could only imagine how things will be different by the end of the month. September and October are two of my favorite months, especially living in Michigan.

Ron's doctor appointments start at 7:45 tomorrow morning, so we are traveling to Hampton Inn North in Ann Arbor this afternoon. I am concerned that he could be slightly dehydrated. He was wobbly yesterday, and the physical therapist had come to discharge him from home services, but she did not do so because of his unsteadiness. When he had a central line, I could give him IV fluids, but I don't do poking for an IV line. I know that he is not drinking enough, and I have been charting and using a timer to take and encourage him to drink 4 ounces of water every half hour when he is awake, but as they say: "you can lead a horse to water but..." sometimes he will drink Pepsi; he loves orange juice but because of his cGVHD of the mouth can't stand the acidity. If he needs fluids, they will be able to do that at the clinic tomorrow.
Love to all, Ron & Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment