Saturday, August 25, 2012

Year Two of Recovery Begins

This week at home has been good for the soul. I now see a pattern in how the hospitalizations effect me. The stress of the visit doesn't really surface until I let my guard down. ...and that can be anywhere. So I have had my good cry which will hold me for quite awhile, and we move on into Year Two. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the transplant.

Ron continues to recover from the pneumonia. It takes awhile. Neither of us has ever had pneumonia or even bronchitis, so we are in new territory. His weight is at a new low, so lots of my macaroni and cheese and special strawberry milkshakes are on the menu. I will be glad when he can start his immunizations next month. On Monday we will see our Dr. Mag; meanwhile a visiting nurse has come to the house twice this week.

So again, thank you for your support this year. Every message was appreciated, and every card has been saved. (sorry, kids..one more big box in the house) I briefly looked through them when I was gathering all cards in one place. I think it will be a winter project to look at them again.

Love to all, Ron & Jan

2 comments:

  1. You can only go so long without letting the stress out so glad you are letting it flow. It takes a long time for lungs to heal from pneumonia so it will be a slow process but being home will help greatly. Praying for continued progress. Love & hugs, Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about another box in the house. Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete