Friday, November 15, 2013

Settling In at HOME

There's no place like home. (Especially your own bed!) eleven nights away from home; well, that wasn't planned. When Ron is in the hospital, I stay in his hospital room which meant 7 nights in a recliner and a couch-- not too bad actually. I want to feel completely informed about his care and issues, and he requires help with many things.
This round of infection has kicked his butt. It is more complicated than his January pneumonia which was MRSA staph. In addition to MRSA, He now has a second bacteria and fungal infection in his lungs. The treatment plan is underway, and we will get through this too. Like January, I anticipate some permanent change.
A visiting nurse came today, and Ron will soon start physical therapy at home. He will transition to out patient PT in December after he regains some strength and the infection clears up. He has lost about 15 pounds.
I have napped today, done laundry, and organized the medications schedule. There were several changes, so I am using a spreadsheet again to chart.
Blue was so happy to see us! He is on my lap now as I write. Relatives who will take care of your cat and clean the litter box are something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment