Monday, January 28, 2013

Another test of lungs

I am in a waiting room in the procedures unit;Ron is having a procedure to flush his lungs to be able to culture what is in there causing his pneumonia. They will also take a sample to biopsy. He had the same procedure in August. It is done under anesthesia, and he did not have any difficulty or even remember it in August. SO after all the excitement of ordering a huge breakfast and then waiting an hour for its delivery (they have room service), it arrived right when they were telling us that he could not eat until after this procedure that started at 3:00. I have food for him now!
He may stay in the ICU overnight, or they may move him to Mott during the night. I have a room close by at the Hampton Inn North, so will go there whenever it works tonight. I went to check in while Ron was having the procedure, took some things up, and most importantly, washed my hair!! I feel somewhat human again. I changed clothes in the car this morning. You do what you have to do. I had thrown things in before we left for the ER Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment