Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Home for the Super Bowl???

Probably not; although that was the goal Ron told the doc. His course of treatment requires hospital administered IV antibiotics with a course of treatment over several days, so we don't know an exact date yet. Also, they would like to resume his ECP light therapy before we leave, and he needs to be well enough that he doesn't require oxygen. He is getting close to not needing oxygen.
He will walk with the PT this afternoon,so overall, everything is improving!! I want to get to a point of recovery where I am in a comfort zone of being an adequate caregiver. He may have a central line put in again which would make ECP and other procedures poke-free. He had a central line for 9 months, and I had learned how to use it and take care of it at our apartment when we lived here in Ann Arbor. So extremely relieved at how much better he is day to day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still catching my breath. I had not read your blog for a few days and bam .. it was way too insane. Thank god he has "pressed" through all of this excitement. You are both so strong and just keep going no matter what. Hutch and I send all good vibes and hope for a Super Sunday for Ron..even tho the Steelers are sitting this one out. Let some other team have a thrill. You have our love and good thoughts. Just Breath !!! Love, Ginny

    ReplyDelete