Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Camping in a hospital

That is sorta what it feels like. At least we have more privileges this time to move around and use all resources on 7th floor Mott Hospital- adult bone marrow transplant wing. I eat and sleep in Ron's room, and I just finished our laundry which is located in a nook in the family lounge. I can use his bathroom and shower. You never know when one of his doctors is dropping in, and I don't like to miss any information. Ron often does not give accurate information-- for example today he told them that he had been taking walks out in the hallway. He might tell them that he has been golfing a couple times a week and riding his stationary bike 3-4 times a week. These are all things that he knows he should do and would enjoy doing. I feel bad about sitting out of his sight shaking my head no to the doctor.
Today has not been too eventful. We have learned that I will need to give him IV antibiotics for 3 weeks when we get home. After he was discharged from the hospital in June, I only had to do this for 9 days. Now they are saying maybe Friday. (Cale, thanks for taking care of Blue.) Ron is only on 1 IV antibiotic now--the one that I will give him at home. The physical therapist came in shortly to catch up on what has been happening. She has helped Ron before. She will do a formal evaluation tomorrow. She will also make recommendations about having oxygen at home. I don't know what his PT plan will be when we get home. I also don't know how our calendar will jibe with all of this. I have learned to stay flexible, and Ron's medical needs will drive the train.
Here's a funny story: Abby, our 8 year old granddaughter in Germany messaged her Aunt Nicci in VA. She said I heard that Pa is sick again. What is going on? Nicci messaged back giving an age appropriate gist of things. Abby replied, thanks. My Mom wouldn't tell me. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment