Tuesday, August 25, 2015

(Yesterday, August 24) Happy 4th Birthday!

Ron and I shared a piece of cake last evening to celebrate the 4th anniversary of his transplant. Even though his health has been so poor, we are grateful for the numerous life events that he has been able to experience since August 24, 2011. #1 on that list would be the birth of our 9th grandchild, Lily Grace Hover, on New Years Day 2014.

Ron is supposed to have his bronch at 9:30. I am glad he is sleeping because he will be hungry soon! He has had no food or drink since midnight since he will be under general anesthesia. He has greatly improved and is just on room air already, and his heart rate and oxygen level are better than they have been, maybe for months.

I am hopeful that the pulmonary team will have a lot of information for us about Ron's lungs after the scope, biopsies, and cultures of fluids. There is never a crystal ball but some idea of what we might expect would be helpful. I think. We probably will not have any results for a day or two.

Ron's appearance has changed greatly since his transplant. He continues to have the appearance of a chronically ill person. In the ER a doctor asked me if I was his daughter. You would think I could get a little pleasure out of that because many times in the past people used to ask if I was his mother. Ron asked me if he looks old, then said: or do you just really look young? i told him no on both counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment