Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home for the Holidays: Ann Arbor 2011


We have made our apartment look Christmasy with decorations from home. (and a huge, gorgeous poinsettia!) I asked Ron to make a list of our Christmas homes since we have been married, so....
Starting in 1970: Mt. Pleasant, MI - Central Michigan University
Starting in 1972: Lawton,OK and Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
1975: Baumholder, West Germany
1978: Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
1981: Knoxville, TN, - University of Tennessee
1984: Leavenworth, Kansas - Command and General Staff College
1985: Heidelberg, West Germany
1989: Bowling Green, Ohio - Bowling Green State University and military retirement
2008: Bronson, Michigan (Gilead Lake) Jan's retirement and Ron's 3rd retirement
2011: Ann Arbor, Michigan: temporarily living at 1455 Oak Valley Dr. Apt.103 48108

1 comment:

  1. I believe that we have spent one actual Christmas Day with you, and it was in Knoxville. I remember the trip well. You made the yummy cornflake wreaths, I remember everyone wearing volunteer orange, I remember the cousins showing us where to play in the red mud (clay), and possibly going to the worlds fair? Was that the same trip? I remember being soooo excited to get a chance to see the cousins we never saw! How excited we must have been! Did we go to some farm this trip also? I think we have a picture of us all lined up on a fence at a farm. I remember that Santa came early to our house so we could make the drive down. How long did we stay?

    ReplyDelete