Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ron's Home!


Thursday and Friday were very busy days for us. Ron's counts continued to rise which meant a quick recovery from the chemotherapy, so his time to remain in the hospital was shortening quickly too. I had decided to go home Thursday evening to check the homefront, and then when Ron called after his last check by the doctor for the day, he told me that he would likely be coming home on the weekend because he had told them that I could give him his shots. (That was news to me!) I didn't want to miss rounds on Friday morning, so I returned to the hospital at 7 A.M. After all final checks and my opportunity to give him an injection, we were into the discharge procedures, picking up medications, and loading the Explorer. We rolled out at 5:00 and were both back to Gilead Lake by 7:30. I cannot even put into words how good it is to have Ron home again.

Ron has an oncology doctor in Coldwater (about 30 minute drive) and he will have blood tests M-W-F. They fax results back to U of M Hospital, and in about 2-3 weeks he will go back for another bone marrow biopsy and then the first of 3 more rounds of chemotherapy. He will have approximately 3 week intervals between chemotherapy sessions. Overall, Ron continues to feel good, and we are just enjoying our time at home. Our spirits are truly lifted by the many expressions of support that we have received.
Thank you so much,
Ron and Jan

http://ronhover.blogspot.com
Ron Hover
743 Gilead Shores Drive
Bronson, MI
49028

No comments:

Post a Comment