Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Daytona 500 at the Manor

By evening last night Ron told me that it would be too much to go home to the Villa for the Daytona 500. This morning one of the physical therapists saw me getting some ice for our cooler that we keep in the room. She asked to speak to me and seemed to be relieved that we had chosen not to undertake such an outing. I think our first outing will just be a ride in the car. The staff will help me transfer Ron wheelchair to car and back again when we return. We might even go to the Villa, park backwards in the garage, and put down the screen garage door. We can look out the screen, and I could bring Blue out to the car. We would use a couple oxygen tanks and not be gone long enough to require an electric oxygenator.
Ron is making progress every day in therapy but is far from being able to go home with only me to help him move. (He requires two strong aides to assist him in moves.) He is proud that he is still in the fight. Me, too. There is no crystal ball. Our plan has not changed; no new meds will be added, no more immunity infusions or IVs of any kind. I am at peace with our plan once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment