Sunday, February 12, 2017

Keeping Comfortable

I can almost forget that Ron would have pain if not taking oxycodone regularly. At 2AM on Friday, he called out to me to help him get into the bathroom. As I got out of my bed to remind him that he has a catheter, I found him sitting on the edge of the bed. I couldn't believe it; he has been in bed or transported with a lift for 3 weeks now.
He is getting great care here at BG Manor. If I would take him home with hospice services, I would have to hire help to use the lift and do a variety of other things, too. Today he is resolved about staying here. I have played this over and over in my mind--especially when he is having a good period of time. With no bloodwork or urinalysis now, I really don't know where he is medically. It seems strange as we have followed his bloodwork for almost 7 years. He typically does not run a fever, but his temp has been in the 99s a few times in the past 3 weeks. Although that doesn't sound like anything, his temp had been in the 97s for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is full of surprises!! It's a good thing you were there. Love to you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete