Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Chest and back discomfort

I woke this morning to Ron's juicy coughing; this is painful for him. Although we do not know the timeline, Ron's chronic lung infection and renal failure are on the threshold. He is not receiving antibiotics any more. Having passed through the futile medical and painful medical procedures to fight one more time, I am at peace with our decision of "no more". He is requiring more oxygen this morning. He had blisters form across the middle of his back last week which broke, leaving raw, painful skin. That bothers him more than his shoulder and rib injuries from his fall 2 weeks ago.
With all of that being said, he continues to enjoy reminiscing and visits he has had with friends and family. Cale, Ron, and I watched Wheel of Fortune last evening, and as Cale and I were looking at the bonus puzzle trying to figure out the final answer, Ron solved the puzzle!! He continues to keep me guessing! Ron talks about his plans to go up North and visit our favorite places in the Traverse City area and also a trip to Hawaii.
Love to all of you from both of us,
Jan

7 comments:

  1. Jan, My thoughts and my prayers are with you and Ron. I am very thankful that we were all able to spend time together last July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron's 50th reunion was such a special time for us. 💕

      Delete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Ann & Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your messages while we have been on this journey! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you guys! Sending hugs! ~Randeep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a special friend and nurse you are, Randeep!

      Delete
  4. I hate that he is in any pain at all. I'm so glad that throughout he has generally not been in pain, a blessing. I hope they are able to quickly and completely ease his discomfort and that you can rest peacefully!

    ReplyDelete