Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday, September 1, Day +8

Ron's medical team continues to treat and try to find the cause of his rash. The dermatologists visited today, took pictures, took notes, and then took a punch biopsy of the rash this afternoon. Preliminary results will be in on Friday. Because he is now at the low point of immunity, he has mouth and throat pain in addition to the itching! He has medications (lotions, meds for itching, throat and mouth swishes,) to control discomforts. Today he also had his first transfusion of platelets; this was prior to the biopsy because they wanted to wait until his platelets bumped up.
I am glad that football season is starting because that helps pass the time; both of us enjoy watching college and pro football. We continue to follow the Detroit Tigers...easy to be a fan with their good season. Michigan has a home game tomorrow, so that will take traffic issues to a new level. I am planning to come to the hospital early and leave late. That is my general pattern anyway. Because I nap at the hospital 1-2 hours during the day, I only need to sleep 5-6 hours at the apartment. The drive to the apartment ranges from 12-30 minutes, depending on traffic. It has worked out extremely well. I have my own washer and dryer and can pack food for the day. Because we need to live in Ann Arbor 100 days after discharge, it will continue to be a great situation for us. I haven't had time to use the hot tub, pool, walking path, or exercise room yet, but I see that in my future.
Love to all, Ron & Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment